I don't remember who it was, but someone once lied to me and told me if you catch the bridal bouquet at a wedding, you're next to be married. What they didn't tell me was that if I continued to catch them (the count is up to 7), that I may curse myself in the opposite direction. Single. Forever? TBD.
That's me in the yellow looking extremely thirsty.
Besides being a competitive person it seems I have become a bit of an expert on being the lucky recipient of a bouquet as it's tossed towards a group of single women just hoping to change their fate.
Here are the top 5 things you need to know and do to catch that bouquet.
You deserve it girl.
1. Have a great buzz. That way you won't care how embarrassing you look really giving it your all. This also helps to forget any epic fails that may encounter. We can't win 'em all.
2. Stand in the front. No brainer. If you come across real feisty ones such as myself, break out your middle school basketball moves and box that betch out.
3. Make sure your dominate hand is ready to go. As seen below, all other important items need to remain elsewhere.
4. When the bride turns around and is like "heyyyy, okayyyy, are you girls ready?". You lock eyes with her and give her the nod.
5. Suddenly that bundle of flowers you will be too drunk to remember to take home with you will be hurling in the air. Regardless of whether it's in your direction or not, I encourage you to lunge. Forward. To the side. Be the competitor you were born to be.
Boom - like a moth to a flame.
Of course, there are exceptions. If you see the bride eyeing a sister or cousin, I immediately encourage you to abort the mission. Don't even flinch when that thing heads your way. Act as if you're arms are holding heavy suitcases, because if you were to intervene and ol' cousin Betsy isn't promised a lifetime of bliss with her future husband she has yet to meet, you'll be the token asshole for the rest of the night and long into brunch the next morning by a pack of hungry bridesmaids who all had to promise to let her catch it.
If no cousin Betsy, then switch into your party shoes, throw a few back and jump like MJ to secure the W.